Wednesday, February 16, 2011

NewsFlash: Dior Skinflash Could Double As A Highlighter and Concealer!

$36.00 Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen
Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen could be described as something I was extremely skeptical about purchasing; truth be told I was ready to return this is an instant should it not meet my every expectation. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't in terms of my original hopes, but it's proved to be quite useful in other ways too.

I purchased Candlelight (I have no idea why because the colors are so vague on every site) first with the intention of finding an easy highlighter for the brow and cheek bones. Instead, I found something infinitely better that I hadn't really noticed I was looking for: undereye brightener and concealer.
Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen in Candlelight
Progressively over the last several months my sleeping habits have run amok and my dark corners deepened considerably. A tiny sweep of Skinflash and I feel (well, I look) rested and my whole face brightens a bit. Candlelight wouldn't thoroughly work as a highlighter for me over this winter because the color was almost exactly my skin tone; it added something soooooo subtle that I could justify using up product on my cheeks and nose, etc when I could have $36 worth of fixed under-eye darkness.
Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen in Candlelight blended on left, unblended on right in daylight
As you can (or cannot see) Candlelight is basically undetectable when blended, so all I can really use it for is concealer at this point. I am looking forward to when my skin gets that tiny bit darker for summer, perhaps then this will be a good highlighter.
bare skin

Dior Skinflash in Candlelight under eye (Kirkland Foundation Set on face)
I realize for $36.00 a lot, I mean, most people are looking for either quite a bit of product or some kind of miracle, so I have to say it is not worth it for most. This color particularly suits my yellow undertones and extremely pale skin--i.e. for probably 80% of others this will act as a nice highlighter and not a concealer. I did, however, have to tell you explicitly that you can get more for your money by thinking about what you can use a product for, since products aren't always good for just what they say they're good for. Keep this in mind when trying out new things.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Available at Dior.com, Dior counters at department stores, and Sephora.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment