Monday, February 7, 2011

Can You Handle This Madness? e.l.f. Liquid Eyeshadow in Mocha Madness

e.l.f. Liquid Eyeshadow in Mocha Madness
Alas on this fine Monday Morning I shall tell you a disappointing tale of cosmetics: how sometimes you just don't get what you're looking for. So far you've seen how in love I am with brushes and tools by this budget-friendly brand that, in general, has done nothing but wow me; even if I don't like one thing, another seems vastly more valuable than the skinny-minny price tag. This Liquid Eyeshadow is not one of those things.

I originally purchased this with the intent of making an e.l.f. version of Chanel's Holiday Collection for 2010, and in that collection was a dark brown, fluid eyeshadow called Splash, which immediately made me think of a mermaid movie *wink* and purchasing this little Mocha Madness ($1) from eyeslipsface.

e.l.f. Liquid Eyeshadow in Mocha Madness
For starters, as you'll see in the topmost picture, the tube wasn't exactly full of product and is utterly tiny. My first thought on that was "at least I'm not planning on using that much," but then I tried to pull out the doefoot and dried chunks came out of the tube. It wasn't all dry (making me think this isn't the standard way the product appears or is sent out), so I tested it out.


I freaked when this was on my lid; it smeared and lost all the pretty pigmentation, ending up a dirty grey mass unevenly washed over my lid. It felt drying and soon I felt like it would flake off, as thin as the layer was, just as it had from the doefoot. In fact, below are the best blending examples I've been able to manage, which gives me little hope for making this work on my lid (the bumps of my eyeball and brow, the depth of my crease, it ain't gonna happen).

e.l.f. Liquid Eyeshadow in Mocha Madness with flash
Layers can work for this, but will take a long time if and when the new layer of product doesn't erase the progress of the old layer. For my next purchase from e.l.f. I will grab another one of these and see if that is just how the product is, or if this baby monster was a fluke!

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✩✩✩✩
Available at EyesLipsFace.com. Check online to find these products at a store near you.
e.l.f. Liquid Eyeshadow in Mocha Madness in daylight




No comments:

Post a Comment