Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Treat for Everyone Except Super Germophobes - e.l.f. Hypershine Glosses

e.l.f. Hypershine Gloss from bottom to top: Blossom, Joy, and Poinsettia Red

So far I haven't been able to narrow down what makes me like a lip gloss and what I definitely don't want in one. I've thought about that kind of thing a lot this week: do I like the e.l.f. products I like because they are cheap or because they are good products in their own right? Officially, I never recommend things I don't like.

There have certainly been some products from brands (almost all brands) that aren't worth anything to me, even a dollar. And after reviewing all the posts from this week, I think I've been very true to what products I would really recommend to others and which ones I wouldn't. With that in mind, I do want to just outright say that these are my favorite e.l.f. lip product (since the cream liners are dead tied overall).

Hypershine glosses are about as sticky/tacky as Chanel Glossimers, but instead of having the shimmer-explosion effect of Glossimers, Hypershines look subtle and have a glassy, mirror-like shine, just as described online at purchase.
Left to Right: Poinsettia Red, Joy, and Blossom

The mirror-shine is there, the pigmentation is semi-sheer, and the finishes are really pretty. I just want to highlight Joy's gold sheen in the sheer mauve bliss that is this gloss! It's so pretty.

Hypershine Gloss in Joy, center
Left to Right: e.l.f. Hypershine Gloss in Poinsettia Red, Joy, and Blossom with flash
The three colors I have I love, and I really can't wait to try more. I promised myself I would finish one of them before purchasing more (that way I have a good sense of how long each lasts), and I can say pretty fairly that I will finish Joy first; it just looks spectacular and adds a little something extra when worn over lipstick. I think it will flatter any skin tone because the base is blue-pink but the sheen is golden yellow, thus a little bit of everything.
Left to Right: e.l.f. Hypershine Gloss in Poinsettia Red, Joy, and Blossom in daylight
Blossom is a lovely pop of coral pink on the lips (adds more of a hue than a layer of color) with no shimmer that I can see. It's sheen is the same coral as the coloring. Poinsettia Red may or may not have been a holiday limited edition that I found at Target. This is yet another option for those who lusted after Chanel's Pink Pulsion Glossimer for Holiday 2010 (see comparison of this and e.l.f.'s Minty Gloss in New York City here). Poinsettia Red is a blue-based red that applies semi-sheer and has rather intense gold micro-shimmer. It's beautiful, but might not be available...anywhere...whoops. At least the others are amazing and permanent! Small favors, people, small favors.
e.l.f Hypershine Gloss in Blossom, Joy, and Poinsettia Red
Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Available at EyesLipsFace.com

How was your Thursday? I tried to be productive and get caught up on posts though I still don't feel 100%. Will/Must do better tomorrow. Promise.
      

1 comment:

  1. Ooh they look so pretty! Blossom is my favourite, from the swatches.

    Just discovered your blog- it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete