Friday, February 11, 2011

Glitz and Glamour and Fine Manners - e.l.f. Studio Blush in Fuchsia

e.l.f. Studio Blush in Fuchsia
In the most objective light, e.l.f. Fuchsia was both a shock and disappointment for me. I warn you now that this is for personal reasons, such as I am not a great fan of glitter and bright pinks are a bit out of my comfort zone. Yet I purchased this, why? I was trying to recreate the look of Chanel's Holiday 2010 look which had Tweed Fuchsia for cheeks. So e.l.f. Fuchsia seems like a great substitute for that $45 blush at $3, right?

Sure, and I still think it is a great find. The glitter threw me for a loop when I first saw it. "No way in hell I can actually wear this," was most likely the first thought to come to mind, but look at the swatches real quick:
e.l.f. Studio Blush in Fuchsia blended on left, unblended on right in daylight
Fuchsia is not that scary when blended. The glitter doesn't completely saturate the product, so if you apply it carefully, it should look more like an accent than your face--covered in glitter--
e.l.f. Studio Blush in Fuchsia blended on left, unblended on right with flash
The color is actually really pretty, and while it can be built up, know that you'll be building up glitter as well. Since I see the same glorious sheen in this as I did in the Natural Radiance Blusher in Flushed, I think those not fond of glitter should opt for Flushed over Fuchsia. The trade off is that darker ladies will find Flushed harder to build up to a more intense look on the cheeks.

This blush is more powdery than many blushes I own/have owned, making use of a small amount of product difficult and overuse of product easy. There's plenty of product here, so using it up quickly is not the concern; control of application is.
e.l.f. Studio Blush in Fuchsia in daylight

e.l.f. Studio Blush in Fuchsia with flash (blurry, but see the glitter)
All in all, my personal choice is for Flushed and the $1 blushes, but these Studio Blushes are by no means bad products or unusable. I just don't like to sparkle (I even prefer matte shadows and liners and lip products). It's almost entirely your choice between two excellent options.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✩✩✩
Available at EyesLipsFace.com
      

No comments:

Post a Comment