Wednesday, February 9, 2011

e.l.f. Mineral Lipstick - Hit by Way of Smooth Formula

e.l.f Mineral Lipsticks in Nicely Nude (front) and Runway Pink (back)

Dude, I'm not going to lie; right now I do not feel so good. Worse yet, I have an admissions interview for the Aveda school tomorrow morning and really can't be crap, much less feel like it. Grrr. Also, I really didn't want to fall behind on E.L.F. Week. I've been working really hard to do 3-4 posts a day to cover everything on time, but I guess I left enough time to move one or two to Saturday before the recap and recommendations post. Whatever, drink tea, drink tea, sleep, repeat. I'm on it.
e.l.f. Mineral Lipstick in Runway Pink (top) and Nicely Nude (bottom)

Luckily this one can be quick and dirty because I can straight up compare the Mineral Lipstick to e.l.f.'s regular Lipstick (which I reviewed earlier today). Mineral Lipstick is creamier than the regular and thus glides on  more smoothly than Gypsy or Classy. Nicely Nude and Runway Pink look almost identical in the swatches, and that's sort of accurate. The important thing to keep in mind is that Runway Pink is more pink and Nicely Nude is more peachy-rose, which matters if you're matching up hues. Keep that in mind if you need it.
e.l.f. Mineral Lipstick in Runway Pink (left) and Nicely Nude (right) in daylight

These definitely don't stain my lips like the regulars do, and the creaminess is nice for the first few hours. Then the extra slip in the formula makes the creamy feeling slip off and leaves a pretty dry lip. To avoid this, I suggest reapplying this before you notice significant fading or the second you start to notice some slip is gone. This is all without gloss, by the way, so that may solve the drying issue. To be clear, I don't think these Mineral Lipsticks are drying, just that they don't transfer the moisture in the formula into the lips but only onto them, thus leaving you without the moisture when your lips are without the lipstick.
e.l.f. Mineral Lipstick in Runway Pink (left) and Nicely Nude (right) with flash

I worry about a lot of transfer when putting gloss over these because it's hard to get the creaminess, color payoff, and a slate for gloss that won't end up getting more lipstick on your doe foot or brush than gloss on your lips. I just wear these alone (which frustrates me when I want a glossy version of either of these colors). A great find for casual color-wear, but for detail oriented primpers or layerers, these may be a pass.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✩✩
Available at EyesLipsFace.com

The Baby of Beauty

What a hump day! Anyone else jonesin' for the weekend already?

No comments:

Post a Comment