Monday, February 7, 2011

My Opinion is Swirling Around the e.l.f. Cream Eyeshadow Duo in Mocha Swirl

e.l.f. Duo Eye Shadow Cream in Mocha Swirl
If you read my review of Dawn Studio Cream Eyeshadow, you'll remember how impressed I was with the texture. Good thing I've had this duo longer and wasn't disappointed. These are much creamier and as such seem to crease faster for me.

Mocha Swirl has what looks like a mauve champagne color attached to a muted bronze, but they swatch a little differently and come out semi-sheer. I've had absolutely no luck layer these bad boys on the lid (and if I had, there would be creasing to contend with bigtime).
e.l.f. Duo Eye Shadow Cream in Mocha Swirl with flash

If you have dryer lids, this is a great option for a base and color layer. You'll find the creamy texture feels glossy and moisturizing, which can be very very welcome in winter to eyelids. There are about 6-8 color combos/duo available online to choose from, so you're bound to find something you fancy!
e.l.f. Duo Eye Shadow Cream in Mocha Swirl in daylight
 The amount of product in those swatches is more than I'd be able to put on my eyelids for the day, and I hope the fading to sheer at the edges is really clear from the photos. That's how these show up, which isn't bad, but you should know that that is what you're getting. I can still use the mauve champagne in natural looks for a hint of color and sheen, and the "mocha" half can be a base for a brown smokey eye; the key point is that these aren't the kind of cream shadow that can double as a primer for me. If anything these shorten the wear of just powder on my lids.
e.l.f. Duo Eye Shadow Cream in Mocha Swirl
Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✩✩✩
Available at EyesLipsFace.com. Check online to find these products at a store near you.

Think this product is for you? Want to rant about using this in the past? Have a funny story about your pet from this week? Let me hear all about it in a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment