Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Aveda Nourish-Mint Rehydrating Lip Glaze in Raspberry Tea

$18.00 for 0.24 oz.
Not a bad Tuesday, to be honest. I don't think taking a shower in the morning has felt so refreshing in a long while, meaning I was either too stinky for my own good or I got decent sleep last night. I'm hoping it was good sleep because otherwise my boy is way too nice on Valentine's Day. So what is the best thing I wore on V-Day--why it's this gloss right here!!
Aveda Nourish-Mint Lip Glaze in Raspberry Tea

Yes, it rehydrates, and better than any gloss or lipstick I've tried ever. I hadn't even noticed how frequently I was reaching for this until I found a tiny bit of transfer on almost all of cups and mugs I had to wash of this very color. And as little transfer as I ever saw from my glosses too! It's insane how quickly this gloss (or glaze, as it's called) is just my go-to without any effort. Supposedly this will thoroughly recondition your lips in eight weeks...but I'm pretty sure it's done that in less than two for me...

Aveda Nourish-Mint Lip Glaze in Raspberry Tea in daylight
 The color of this is a fantastic totally neutral rose that has semi-opaque to opaque coverage, depending on how much you use and if it's over lipstick or bare lips. Raspberry Tea lasts for about 4 hours on me and I barely notice when it's gone because my lips feel hydrated for roughly two hours afterwards. That never happens. Nourish-Mint Glaze is a non-sticky gloss that (as I mentioned before) has very little transfer compared to all other glosses I own.
Wearing Aveda Nourish-Mint Lip Glaze in Raspberry Tea on lips with flash
Um, it's perfect really, just perfect. The packaging is nice and simple, you aren't paying an arm and a leg for a brand, and you are paying for super-quality that actually does what it claims to do. How is that not a win? You are also getting roughly a quarter more product (0.24 oz as opposed to 0.2) for a high-mid-range price, making the cost around $13-14 for the normal amount of product, I suppose. Still a win.

I can honestly see myself owning every single color of this, just so that I can mix color up with the same great results for the pucker. That sounds like I'm peddling the product, but I only buy makeup with my own money, and I will be collecting colors over a good long while.

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✪
Available at Aveda salons (possibly others) and Aveda.com

How was everyone's Valentine's Day? What did you wear? How did it wear? And also, how much fun was it all?! If you went stag for Single's Awareness Day, more power to you, and who was that best friend who got you through it?!

      

1 comment:

  1. I am a woman of color and this color is absolutely gorgeous on me. I paid $18 for it and I've NEVER paid that much for a lipstick or any lip makeup. However, this is my new favorite thing!! All worth it!

    ReplyDelete