Tuesday, February 8, 2011

e.l.f. Studio Matte Eyeshadows

e.l.f. Studio Matte Eyeshadow clockwise from top left: Muted Mauve, Nude, Charcoal, and Burnt Brown
I am not a shimmer queen; I don't do glitter 90% of my life, so when there is a matte product to be had, I'm on that like me on a cupcake (believe me, I replace "the fat kid" in cupcake, cake, and/or pie scenarios always). Eyeslipsface Studio Matte Eyeshadows are loose powders, not my favorite way to go but fine, that come mainly is frequently used/seen shades that thus are particularly useful. Remember Wild Sable? I'd have taken it back to Macy's in a heartbeat had Burnt Brown landed on my doorstep sooner!
e.l.f. Matte Eyeshadow in Burnt Brown, Muted Mauve, Nude, and Charcoal

e.l.f. Matte Eyeshadow in Burnt Brown, Muted Mauve, Nude, and Charcoal
I'd have drooled at the chance to do a matte smokey eye with Charcoal and Black (not pictured)! Basically I love matte, but how do these hold up under day-to-night wear?! Well, I tell you, well. With my trusty eyelid primer as a base these powders go on silky with medium pigment coverage. Tell you truth, I like that they aren't opaque with three speck of powder; this way I can mix and match colors and coverages together for the look I want, and these do layer particularly nicely for e.l.f. shadows, which can sometimes be chalky and powdery (nasty, get-everywhere powdery so a few).
e.l.f. Studio Matte Eyeshadow clockwise from top left: Muted Mauve, Nude, Charcoal, and Burnt Brown
All out a great buy at $3 a pop. Plus e.l.f. is almost always having some deal online, so you can justify getting a good range of stuff to try out without breaking any budgets.
e.l.f. Studio Matte Eyeshadow clockwise from top left: Muted Mauve, Nude, Charcoal, and Burnt Brown

Tried this out recently? Used something similar but more expensive? Like leaving comments? Than just do it already, I'm happy to here from others (in fact I'd love to know how you think I'm doing at this blogging thing).

Beauty Newb Rating:✪✪✪✪✩
Available at EyesLipsFace.com. Check online to find these products at a store near you.

The Baby of Beauty

1 comment:

  1. I really like the look and swatches of these. I might have to place an order!

    ReplyDelete